Top 5 Dos and Don'ts of Karaoke Singing
Want to make a good impression
when you get up on the stage to do your karaoke songs? Imagine YOUR show being
the talk of the town the next day! Follow these tips, and your karaoke songs will
be the ones that people remember.
1. Don't have too
much to drink before you go up on the stage to sing your karaoke songs. One very
big reason for this is because drunk people tend to trip on cords and fall off
the stage. They also slur the words to people's favorite songs. As a result, their
show leaves much to be desired. Save some of the drinks to celebrate AFTER you
have put on a fantastic show.
2. Don't eat or drink milk, cream, dairy products,
chocolate, or mixed drinks with any of these things in them. They coat the throat
and produce phlegm, which makes it most difficult for you to sing your karaoke
3. Don't read your karaoke song from the screen. This makes for a
really boring show.
4. Don't scream into the microphone, or strain to reach
the notes. Your karaoke songs will sound terrible, and you will likely damage
your vocal chords.
5. Don't take it too seriously. After all, you're here
to have FUN!
That's all there is to it! A night of singing karaoke songs
is meant to be fun and relaxing. Remember these tips to enhance your experience,
and you will surely have a great time.
1. Choose a song
that's right for your voice. Know your limitations.
2. Choose a song that
means something to you, carries special memories for you, and that you feel passionate
3. Know the words and music.
4. Drink water before each song
to hydrate your vocal chords. Your karaoke songs will sound better, fuller, and
5. When you walk up onto the stage, exude confidence! The audience
will be filled with anticipation of what's to come.
6. Take control of
the stage. Make eye contact with the audience. Pick out someone in the audience
every so often to make eye contact with, and smile right at them. Include them.
Reel them in.
7. Make the song yours! It's your karaoke song; it's your
show; so put on a great show. Sing from the heart. Let the audience feel your
8. Move with the song. Move during the instrumental breaks. Think
9. When you're done with your karaoke songs, take a bow and thank
the audience. This always leaves a great impression.
10. Have FUN!